Baker School Extended Day Enrollment 2018
Please make yourself familiar with this policy so we may avoid any misunderstandings later in the year.
As we begin the enrollment process for the next school year, we feel it is important to highlight our enrollment policy enacted by our Parent Board. It is important we establish a stable enrollment policy which will allow us to continue to provide the quality staffing, low student/teacher ratio, and quality programming that we are so well known for.
1. First, if a family decides to REDUCE the number of days for which they have registered after June 30th, 2018, they will automatically forfeit their $150 deposit for the year.
2. The policy also states that you are obligated to pay the ANNUAL TUITION RATE for which you have made a commitment. To better respond to members needs we will divide that annual commitment into two semesters: June 20th to January 1st, and January 31st to May 20th. January is the month we allow reduction of days to be made without financial penalty. Thus, if you reduce the number of days after June 30, 2018, you will be obligated to pay the higher rate for the first semester. If you reduce your number of days after January 31, 2019, you will still be obligated to pay the higher rate for the second semester.
3. The first tuition payment is due August 1, 2018. This is the payment for the month of June 2019 (last payment for 2018-2019 school year). Subsequent payments are due on the first of each month through May 31st. If a child is WITHDRAWN before August 15, 2018, the June payment, but not the deposit, is refunded to the parent. If the child is withdrawn after August 15, 2018, the tuition payment and deposit is forfeited to the program.
4. Any changes made to the enrollment of a child will be processed in the order they are received by our book keeper. Formal notification must be made to the book keeper and the Director IN WRITING.
5. Please be aware our tuition rate is set for the 180 school days (or parts of) your child attends-the full payment amount is divided into ten equal payments. Holidays, vacations and early dismissal days have already been factored into the initial tuition total. Also, please note, you are still obligated to pay the full tuition commitment if your child is absent from school or you choose to vacation at different times than the school schedule.
We hope that our enrollment plan will enable you to plan your child’s schedule in a way that makes sense for your family. Please be aware that you may still add days to your schedule and may still be able to switch your contracted days around with consent of the Director.
Child's Name (first and last)
Please include your child's first and last name
Grade you child will be in as of September 2018
Please select each day you would like your child to attend BSED. Note that for K-2 the minimum sign up is two days. BSED is open from 2:30-6pm Monday - Thursday and 1:40-6pm on Friday.
Has a doctor prescribed your child an Epi-Pen or Inhaler?
I understand that the Program is open according to the official school calendar of the Brookline Public Schools, and is closed during school vacations, holidays, and inclement weather days.
I understand that I am responsible for the payment of a tuition fee (pursuant to the BSED Enrollment Policies as stated in the Parent Handbook) which is due the first day of each month. I will give 30 days notice in writing prior to withdrawal from the program during which I will be responsible for payment of fees.
I understand that the Tuition Fee Schedule can be subject to change due to budget requirements of the Program as set by the Executive Board.
I understand I will pay a deposit of $200 per child to reserve space for my child. (Includes $50 non-refundable administrative fee)
I understand that in the event of any absences during program hours, I will be responsible for fees for the time reserved, not actual time spent at the Program.
I will update my child’s file information as outlined in the Parent Handbook.
I understand that this is a Parent Cooperative Program and expect to participate in a cooperative activity.
I agree to adhere to the stated policies and procedures of the Extended Day Program as stated here and in the Parent Handbook, and give my child/children permission to participate fully in this program.
Do Not Fill This Out